Monday, June 9, 2014

Summer Break!!!

I woke up this morning with nothing to do and nowhere to be.  Nothing. Weirdness.

After several weeks of scrambling to help the kids finish strong at school, we are finally on summer break.  I'm not quite sure what to do with myself yet.  I'm giving myself today to settle down and shift gears.  It's hard!  I need to find my summer identity -- the one that doesn't include packing lunches, checking homework folders, or driving the wheels off my van.  Like every summer, this will take some getting used to.  I can't wait to figure it out!

This last week in all of its craziness was very special.  Kami graduated high school.  Adam and Ben were promoted from the eighth grade -- they are now....sniff...freshmen.  Sigh.  Where does the time go?  I'm busting with pride over all three of them, and at the same time feeling desperate to know where the time has gone.  I get this panicky feeling when I realize that Kami will be leaving home in August and my boys will be starting high school.  Yikes!  These transitions hurt my heart, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  These kids are amazing young people and have a lot to offer this world.  We couldn't be more pleased. 





Our big, beautiful family!
The kids are starting their lives in different states, making these pictures  harder and harder to capture.  Everybody was in town for Kami's graduation and I was delighted to be able to get a picture of all of us together.  They are growing up....
 
 
Adam...looking just like his dad.  So proud of this sweet guy!
 
 
Ben.  We couldn't be more pleased with his accomplishments and character!
 
 
One of the most amazing groups of kids around.  These guys all love (and fight) like siblings.  They are all scattering to different high schools.  We will miss this group!  A bittersweet time for us.


 



Proud Mom and Dad!
 
 
 
Kami Crockatt Superstar
(Photo courtesy of Debbie Booth)
 
 
Proud Dad and Bonus-Mom
(Yeah, our buttons are busting...couldn't be more pleased with this amazing girl)
 
 
Well, that's what we have been up to.  Guess it's time to look around and figure out what's next.  I think for today, though, I'm going to finish my book and throw in some laundry.  Ease into this whole summer break thing!
 
Hope to see you here more often this summer!
 
With love and gratitude.....
 






 


1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to the graduates and the parents of the graduates. You have every right to be proud of them!!

    ReplyDelete