Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Anonymous

Dear Anonymous,

I received your comment today regarding my last post in....ahem...July.   I have to tell you that you were an answer to prayer today.  Last night my stepdaughter, Kami, reminded me (again) that I have not updated the blog and that she is tired of looking at the same post.  I confess.  I am an irresponsible blogger.  It's been a full year and my time seems to get gobbled up with other responsibilities.  I do have moments when I am able to reflect and think.  I come up with some really good ideas.  Unfortunately, the only times I have to myself lately are in the car, on the lawn mower, or on the toilet.  None of those situations is conducive for actually writing down what I am thinking.  And, so, this place has gone neglected.  I digress.

As I said, you were an answer to prayer and an encouragement to me today.  Last night I really felt guilty about not keeping up the blog.  I'm never quite sure what to do with it and I tend to forget that it's even here.  It started out as one thing and ended up being something else.  Other than communicating with others the events in our lives, I didn't really see the point.  I figured most people have moved on from our drama and that I had little of significance to share.  Last night I just asked God what He would have me do with it.  Does this place really matter any longer?  Should I try to carve out time from a full schedule to work on it?  Should I take down the site permanently?   I needed direction.

So, here you are today, Anonymous! You gave me the answer and direction I needed.  I have very few gifts.  I make a pretty good pie crust, I tend to be reliable, I like fixing stuff, and I can write pretty well (according to my audience).  God uses our gifts....whatever they may be.  My collection isn't glamorous, but it's what God gave me to work with.  If telling others about what God is doing in my life and being transparent about my walk with Him gives you hope and lifts your spirits then I will continue.  Because at the end of the day that's what it's all about -- using what little gifts and abilities we have to build each other up and encourage each other.  It's being transparent and honest.  It's sharing God's goodness in our lives and how he redeems each and every one of us.  It's doing His work here....while we're here...and not wasting the life He gave us.

I read your comment from this morning and I can't figure out who you might be.  I wish I knew.  Until I can figure it out I will continue to pray for you, Anonymous.  It sounds like you might be a bit road weary....in need of hope and having your spirits lifted.  There is little I can do about that from where I sit, but what I can tell you is that God used you today.  For whatever reason that prayer from last night was answered swiftly this morning.  For whatever reason I will continue writing in this place.  I haven't figured out how that will happen or where I will find the time, but I'm pretty sure if I pray about it I will get my answer....

With love and gratitude.....

4 comments:

  1. Jane,
    I thank you for your update and your prayers. I am glad that my post brought answers to you writing. My life is in such turmoil and I am scared. Scared of losing my husband, not as you did, But to someone or something else. I feel alone. I know that God is with me, around me and loving me. However, I just haven't felt him and don't know why I have to go through this pain I am endeavoring. When I read your posts about Marc and now Brian and the love you have had and have..... I try to sit back and see where things in my life have gone wrong. Not to keep rambling on, I just want to thank you again for your posts, your prayers, and your sharing of God's love, commitment and hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am NOT anonymous (I am thankful that God used Anonymous to inspire you), but I always, always enjoy your writing. And my hubby always, always enjoys your pies. Very thankful that God placed you in my life 30 years ago and that we get to "do" life together. And, yes, I still check your blog regularly for a deeper peak at my friend that I know so well. I would be thrilled if you could carve out writing time more regularly. Love, Mel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. You also sold yourself WAYYYY short in the gifts list. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jane, another good posting prompted by a dear soul in need. I am so sorry for the pain in which Anonymous finds herself, but in reaching out, the ripple effect is profoundly reaching others too, who are at times, stilled by the grip of fear. I keep a card with a verse I need to keep my eyes focused when fear causes me to look away from the Savior's face. 1 John 4:18 says: "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." We all need encouragement, assurances and love from those around us so we can keep walking forward to the goal. So, dear Anonymous, don't leave the fires of your fellow believers. They will keep you stoked up and fed. The Word will keep it fanned in your mind and heart. Lean on Him for He is trustworthy. Love to you...bj

    ReplyDelete