Thursday, May 26, 2011

No More School! No More Books!

 We did it!  We made it through the school year!  I feel like we dragged ourselves over the finish line, but we made it.  I just have to say that I'm proud of my kids.  With all they had to face this year, they held it together and did the best they could.  I have to admit that we struggled.  It's hard to care about math and writing assignments in the midst of grieving; however, in some weird way, I think school helped in the grief process.  Never underestimate the power of purpose.   Having responsibilities and challenges give us a reason to move forward.  Functioning when life is dysfunctional is an accomplishment.  The kids accomplished a lot this year, and I couldn't be more pleased. 

So, now we are faced with no more school.  While school was a struggle, I am concerned that without it we will have too much time to think and wallow in our grief.  School has provided much needed structure.  Then again, the freedom of summer gives us some much needed rest!  I am hoping and praying we will find some balance as we face the summer break.

Here are some pics from our crazy world this last couple of weeks....




All three of the kids received awards this year at the awards assembly. 
Fun to watch all the students receive recognition for their hard work!

Julia and Sophia at their dance recital

Julia and her hip-hop troupe

2 comments:

  1. Way to go kiddos! And way to go mama :+)
    Heather W.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicely done!!! And Jane - I understand your concern about the summer. Know I will be praying for you and your family as you go through this time. I am so grateful you live on the farm with the distractions that might come and provide some relief. Kathy P.

    ReplyDelete