Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter!

The Lord bless you and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up his countenance upon
you,
And give you peace.

Numbers 6: 24-26


Happy Easter from the Griffith Family!

I woke up today in a good mood.  The sun was shining and it was warm outside.  I was looking forward to all that I needed to do outside.  First on my list was mowing the lawn.  Many of you might not know this, but I LOVE mowing my grass.  Marc and I used to bicker over who got to cut the lawn.  There is nothing like getting on the mower, putting on the headphones, and drowning out everything else with the sound of the engine.  Throw in some sunshine and a huge sense of accomplishment and it makes for a grand day!  On top of that it's a job that stays done for longer than ten minutes.  I can enjoy the results of my work for a few days.  In my world that is a novelty!  I love it.

I do my best thinking and praying when I'm mowing the grass, too.  The drone of the mower allows me to shut out the world around me.  I had a lot of uninterrupted time to reflect today and to pray.  I prayed for the names and needs of friends, I prayed for family, I prayed for my kids, conflicts, and concerns.  But, mostly, I gave thanks.  Looking back on this past year, I have so much to praise God for.  As I look back on His provision, comfort, and direction in our lives, I can be nothing but completely thankful.  Tomorrow is Easter.  My hope and joy would not be existent without the reality of my savior rising from the dead.  I am able to function, to laugh, to hope...to breathe...because of this reality.  I can find joy in mowing my lawn and soaking up the sunshine today because of what God has done for me.  I can survive the death of my husband and face being a single parent because I have the peace of having a personal relationship with Christ.  I can face tomorrow with confidence because He lives. 

I pray that each of you is able to this truth and joy in your lives.  I pray you can find the confidence you need to face tomorrow and discover the peace that surpasses all understanding. He has risen....indeed!

Happy Easter!
With love and gratitude...

No comments:

Post a Comment