Friday, April 8, 2011

Growing Up



Eleven years ago I was lucky enough to become the mom of two very neat boys.  Like everyone that has experienced parenthood, my life changed that day -- in ways I could have never imagined.  I have to say that my boys, and now my girls, have made me a better person.  I am so blessed to be a mom!  I am so grateful for my kids.

Today Adam and Ben turned eleven.  No longer little boys.  Tweens.  Growing up, getting stronger (in opinion and body), and changing....changing by the minute.  Seems like yesterday that they were tiny, sweet smelling bundles.  Life was so simple then.  While I miss those tiny baby boys, I wouldn't change a thing.  I couldn't be more proud of my young men.  

Perhaps this year I have spent more time reflecting on the past.  While reflecting on memories does cause me to grieve, it also gives me great joy.  Especially on days like today.   I have looked back on all the wonderful things Marc and I enjoyed as a couple, but the thing we enjoyed the most together was being parents.  Our children have been our greatest earthly blessing from the Lord.  I am remembering that first day of parenthood eleven years ago.  I will never forget how happy and proud Marc was that day -- that memory will always make me smile.    Marc always called them his  "Mighty Men of God."  He would be proud of how his guys are growing up.  I know I am!

Happy Birthday, Ben and Adam!  I love you!



2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Boys!!! You are fine young men. Love, The Bartols

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mighty Men of God...Marc left an excellent goal for Ben and Adam. They are well on their way to achieving it! Happy Birthday...you were sure cute babies...awwww!

    ReplyDelete