Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snow Day!

I absolutely LOVE snow days.  I don't know if it's a throw back to being a kid, but I get just giddy when I hear the words "school closure."  Likely I still love snow days for the same reason as I did when I was a kid -- there is nothing like being able to punch off the alarm and bury myself back into my warm bed.  Sigh.  I actually did snow angels in my bed this morning out of sheer joy.  Ahhh...the simple things.  

The kids were thrilled, too.  Ben kept stalking the windows last night, grumbling at the clear skies.  He was desperate for a day off.  I think we all were.  Life has been a series of scrambles for two years.  This week represents the first lull in activity we have had.  The snow day seemed to usher in a whole new sense of calm in our lives.  A welcome relief to crammed schedules and details to work out.

We finally finished fixing up the rental and officially have renters.  We are really excited about the family that decided to rent from us.  It's a lovely young couple with a very sweet baby.  We feel so blessed to have them!  Hopefully we can be a blessing back to them.  What a relief and answer to prayer this has been. 

So, now without the house to fix up, we find ourselves with (gasp) free time.  We are all looking forward to getting some rest and enjoying doing some things we want to do...rather than have to do.  For me that means catching up on my reading list, getting back into my work out routine, and breaking out my cookbooks (the last two things go together).  My poor kids have been subject to way too many meals that are thrown together last minute.   If it weren't for Lil, my mom, and Debbie Mayer, my kids would have thought scrambled eggs and broiled meat were the new norm.  Thank you for spoiling us! 

Well, I'm off.  I've actually got a real dinner in the oven and a movie to watch with the kids.   Thank you all for your love, prayers, and support.   We are so blessed by all of you!

With love and gratitude...

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you had a wonderful day together and that your rental got rented. Thanks again for sharing your lives with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow angels in bed...what a picture!!!

    ReplyDelete